Friday, February 26, 2010


From left: Uncle Robert (Mom's youngest brother), Indai Tina (Uncle's wife), Dad.
Squatting : Uncle Bernard from Miri

We went to Mom and Frank's cemetery when my uncle came here recently.

My uncle from Miri came with his wife to visit us last December. It was unexpected but nevertheless pleasant. He changed a lot physically since falling sick due to chemical exposure during his working stint offshore.

He was my late mom's eldest brother. He lost his eldest daughter to cancer who left 5 small kids in 2004. I can understand his grievance and it shows when he came to visit.

1 comment:

Ivy said...

Hi Emie, it's been a long time since I last visited your blog.

The reason that I did so today is because I dreamt of Frankie this morning, just before dawn. He looked smart and neat, just the way he was in Form 6.

I asked him to join us more often, referring to our year's class/schoolmates who organize reunions & gatherings regularly.

He nodded and smiled, then gave me a warm hug and a peck on the cheek, before waving goodbye as he walked away.

I woke up feeling that I finally got to see my old friend, after all these years.

Just wanted to share with you.